Tuesday, April 07, 2009

100 pushups!


Now before you get too impressed with my hidden prowess, and silently envy me, take a deep breath, it's something I'm thinking of exploring with my flabby, but mostly healthy 46 year old body.
100 push ups is a program where you take a little push up test and see how many good form push-ups, you can do. It is safe to say that I am in the 0-5 bracket, does this disgust me, hardly, I didn't think I could do that many! I'm not such a weakling after all.From there you do push ups, for your work out. It stresses there should be a day of rest, between work out days. hey I like that concept, already.It also stresses working out only 3 days a week and take weekends off,I could agree to that.

Now when I took the test this morning, I did them, but boy It worked me, but I felt no pain, no sore muscles, so I thought cool. that was until tonight when I felt my biceps and triceps singing a little pain song to me, while I watched Antiques Roadshow. That's why they made Tylenol, and Arnica Montana, to ease the soreness.

I read about this from one of my facebook friends, yes that's right, I admit it, I have friends on facebook, and sometimes they even influence my life, a little.

Take a look yourself, it sounds pretty doable, you can do regular plank style push-ups, or modified knee bent push ups, so right there I'm not too fearful, as the modified bent knee ones will accomplish just as much, as the plank style, and who knows, maybe I'll graduate to that style, as I strengthen my body.

I am pretty sure I have written much about various ways I tried to commit to doing regular exercise, it's not like I don't know it's possible, but for some reason or another, after I have done a months worth,I begin to be a fair weather friend, I do it less and less, and then stop, and then flab out some more.

I recently came to the conclusion, that I won't be getting any younger!! so why the hell not. I'd liked to be a retired, active, Grammy someday, so maybe counting to 100 will insure that.Here goes nothing.

No comments: