Thursday, March 23, 2006

ink


Self doubts as an artist, wondering if this is for real.
am I an artist, if I'm not passionate, am I quietly passionate? Do I need to be a suffering artist,or can I be giddy with excitement, because I'm an artist!

or should I just relax, and let the process be. Learning and continuing to grow.

sometimes I feel like such a poseur. I can do the techniques, but does it matter,if I feel unsure of what I am creating.

then I think, you have this golden opportunity,this lovely supportive community and you feel like running, because that's what you always do, you can't commit, so you don't, and little by little, you stop coming, and then just stop.

aaargh!!!

it felt good to express my fears at the studio and have everyone, share there little freak out stories.(you mean I'm not alone)(duh)
the other good thing was getting some validation, that I do know what I am doing.
I am a good printmaker.(damn it!)

knowing soon I will be calm again, and feel like less of a poseur, and more like the artist I am.

(I hope)
;o)

No comments: